The last few months have been a difficult time for many. We know that feelings regarding the Coronavirus and the reactions to it vary from one person to the next. As we reopen the church, we ask that all people consider Coronavirus a threat, simply because we want even the most concerned to feel as comfortable as possible while they are here for worship.
Once we make the decision and begin in-person worship, we will do so with a “phased” approach. Initially, we will simply be offering worship. We will resume having services at 8:45am and 11:00am. Sunday School, Bible Studies, choirs, youth group, and other activities will be added back in phases. Our 8:45am service will be streamed to Facebook.
Please understand that your staff and session are working hard to make sure that everyone feels safe and comfortable during worship. As we have seen throughout the last few months, plans and instructions seem to be very fluid. Therefore, our plans will be fluid and we will make adjustments as necessary. If you have suggestions, please feel free to share them with Christian, Caleb, or any member of the church session.
- We strongly encourage those who are members of vulnerable populations (everyone 65 years and older, people with disabilities, people with serious respiratory or cardiovascular conditions, and people who are immunocompromised) to continue to make use of online worship.
- We encourage you to wear masks (we will have masks available for anyone who does not have their own).
- Every other row in the church will be marked off to allow for social distancing. We ask that you try to sit at least 6 feet away from other families in the church.
- We are discouraging handshakes, hugs, fist bumps, and other greeting that require contact.
- The only entry doors that will be opened are the 2 in the front of the church and the door behind the amen corner. At each door you will find a table with an offering plate, a trash can, and hand sanitizer. The restrooms in the office hallway and the outside of the chapel will be open. We ask that you refrain from using other parts of the building. This will make cleaning between services much easier.
- Hymns WILL be sung. Please do not feel this obligates you to sing.
- Hymnals and pew Bibles will be removed from the sanctuary temporarily.
- On communion Sundays, we will offer prepackaged communion as you enter. You are also welcomed to bring elements from home if that makes you feel more comfortable.
- Children’s worship bags will not be available. We invite you to allow your children to bring any toys or activities that would engage your children without being a distraction to those around you.
- High contact surfaces will be cleaned between services.
- We strongly encourage you to not congregate in the narthex before or after service. As you enter, please find a seat and remain in that area as much as possible. Following the service please make your way to the exit.
- Rehearsals and Sunday morning activities of the choir will be temporarily suspended.
- Nursery services will be temporarily suspended.
- If you are ill or feel you may have a fever, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our online worship service.
- If the number of people attending a service is greater than the social distancing seating capacity of the sanctuary, overflow seating will be in the church fellowship hall.